Features and Benefits
Advanced Base Material
- No unexpected breakages due to thermal shock
- No bending and deformation due to strong SiC matrix
- Structural integrity during operations & maintenance
Patented Coating Solution
- No infiltration of AlSi to the base material
- Easy removal of AlSi thereby reducing cleaning efforts
- Refurbishment available for even longer lifetime and less environmental impact
Silicon carbide, often abbreviated to SiC, is a synthetic technical ceramic renowned for its outstanding thermodynamic characteristics. High-temperature strength and excellent thermal shock resistance combine to give silicon carbide ceramics the leading edge in extremely demanding thermal processes. Among these is hot stamping of automobile components.
High thermal shock resistance
Max. service temperature up to 1450°C
High mechanical strength up to 180 MPa
Suitable for use in high-temperature roller hearth kilns. Best in class solution for hot stampers, who are dealing with contamination issues.